Recipe by evelyn/athens
I always keep a large bag of frozen baby artichokes in the freezer because I like to use them in so many different recipes...like this one.
Top Review by sugarpea
This is one of my favorite pasta dishes, also. My recipe differs only in the elimination of the cream and parmesan. If anyone wants to eliminate a bit of the fat and calories, the flavor will still be delicious. This is a wonderful pasta dish!
- 1 lb ziti pasta, cooked al dente
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried hot pepper flakes
- 1 cup firmly packed spinach, washed well,spun dry and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup drained minced roasted red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped black olives
- 4 cooked artichoke hearts, halved
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled gorgonzola
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- While ziti is cooking, combine oil, basil, oregano, garlic, red pepper flakes and cook over moderately-low heat for 30 seconds.
- Add spinach, peppers, olives and artichokes and cook, stirring, 2 minutes.
- Add wine and boil 2-3 minutes, or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add cream and cook for 2 minute.
- Add cheese, stirring, until cheese is melted.
- Drain ziti and put into a large bowl.
- Pour sauce over and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Serve immediately.