Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I always keep a large bag of frozen baby artichokes in the freezer because I like to use them in so many different recipes...like this one.
- 1 lb ziti pasta, cooked al dente
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried hot pepper flakes
- 1 cup firmly packed spinach, washed well,spun dry and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup drained minced roasted red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped black olives
- 4 cooked artichoke hearts, halved
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled gorgonzola
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- While ziti is cooking, combine oil, basil, oregano, garlic, red pepper flakes and cook over moderately-low heat for 30 seconds.
- Add spinach, peppers, olives and artichokes and cook, stirring, 2 minutes.
- Add wine and boil 2-3 minutes, or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add cream and cook for 2 minute.
- Add cheese, stirring, until cheese is melted.
- Drain ziti and put into a large bowl.
- Pour sauce over and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Serve immediately.
This is one of my favorite pasta dishes, also. My recipe differs only in the elimination of the cream and parmesan. If anyone wants to eliminate a bit of the fat and calories, the flavor will still be delicious. This is a wonderful pasta dish!
This pasta dish was outstanding! What a terrific mix of vegetables, (all my favorites) and the sauce was just wonderful. The amount of gorgonzola specified in your recipe gave just the perfect blue cheese flavor without totally overpowering the rest of the dish. I will definately be making this again. Thank you!
great tasting and fast, we ended up with more than 4 servings total (used more pasta I think) but it was still amazing and, even better, we had leftovers for lunch the next day. Thanks for sharing!