1/3 Photos of Ziti with Mushrooms, Pancetta & Peas
A quick, satisfying weeknight pasta dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml finely diced pancetta or 59.14 ml smoked bacon
- 59.14 ml finely diced onion
- 226.79 g thickly sliced mushrooms
- salt and pepper
- 4.92 ml chopped fresh thyme or 2.46 ml dried thyme
- 59.14 ml madeira wine or 59.14 ml marsala
- 78.07 ml chicken stock or 78.07 ml vegetable stock (low or no-salt, please)
- 118.29 ml thawed frozen peas
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- 226.79 g dried ziti pasta, cooked and drained
- 118.29 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1You will need a deep saute pan that can hold the sauce, and the pasta.
- 2Have all your ingredients ready to go before beginning to cook.
- 3Heat the oil over medium-high heat and cook the pancetta and onions until the onions are softened.
- 4Add the mushrooms and a pinch of salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- 5When the mushrooms have cooked for about 2 minutes, add the thyme and toss.
- 6Let cook another minute, then add the Marsala to the pan and toss with the other ingredients.
- 7Let reduce about half (about 2-3 minutes), then add the chicken stock.
- 8Toss and let this reduce about half (about 2 to 3 minutes).
- 9Add the peas, toss, then the cream, then let this mixture reduce slightly.
- 10Taste, adjust for pepper and salt.
- 11Add the pasta and 1/2 of the cheese to the pan and toss to combine everything thoroughly.
- 12Serve with the remaining cheese.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ziti with Mushrooms, Pancetta & Peas
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 955.9
- Calories from Fat 408
- Total Fat 45.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.4 g
- Cholesterol 104.7 mg
- Sodium 516.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 32.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: