Recipe by P4
A quick, satisfying weeknight pasta dish.
Top Review by kadiprimo
Very good flavor, but I wish there were more sauce. Next time will double. Par-cook the pasta and finish in the sauce so it soaks up some of the flavor. Also agree with another reviewer that garlic would be welcome in this dish.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml finely diced pancetta or 59.14 ml smoked bacon
- 59.14 ml finely diced onion
- 226.79 g thickly sliced mushrooms
- salt and pepper
- 4.92 ml chopped fresh thyme or 2.46 ml dried thyme
- 59.14 ml madeira wine or 59.14 ml marsala
- 78.07 ml chicken stock or 78.07 ml vegetable stock (low or no-salt, please)
- 118.29 ml thawed frozen peas
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- 226.79 g dried ziti pasta, cooked and drained
- 118.29 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- You will need a deep saute pan that can hold the sauce, and the pasta.
- Have all your ingredients ready to go before beginning to cook.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat and cook the pancetta and onions until the onions are softened.
- Add the mushrooms and a pinch of salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- When the mushrooms have cooked for about 2 minutes, add the thyme and toss.
- Let cook another minute, then add the Marsala to the pan and toss with the other ingredients.
- Let reduce about half (about 2-3 minutes), then add the chicken stock.
- Toss and let this reduce about half (about 2 to 3 minutes).
- Add the peas, toss, then the cream, then let this mixture reduce slightly.
- Taste, adjust for pepper and salt.
- Add the pasta and 1/2 of the cheese to the pan and toss to combine everything thoroughly.
- Serve with the remaining cheese.