Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick tasty main dish. Serve with a crusty bread and a green salad. At the suggestion of some reviewers, you can make a cornstarch slurry to thicken the sauce, if desired.
- 44.37 ml canola oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 368.54 g clams, canned (undrained)
- 118.29 ml low sodium chicken broth
- salt, to taste
- 1.23 ml red pepper flakes
- 22.18 ml dried parsley
- 226.79 g ziti pasta, cooked and drained
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, shredded
- In large skillet, over medium heat, heat oil.
- Add onion; stirring frequently, cook 3 minutes, or until tender.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring, 2 minutes longer.
- Add undrained clams, chicken broth, salt and crushed red pepper; heat to simmering.
- Add parsley; simmer 1 minute longer.
- Add pasta; toss to coat. Place in large serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with parmesan.
ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS! I scaled this down to one hefty serving and other than using olive oil and Linguine made as written. I also used a cornstarch slurry to help all those tasty clam pieces stick to the pasta, yummy. Being such a flavorful and quick meal, this will be made often. Thanks Mikekey for posting this fabulous recipe. Made for you're win in the football pool Wild Card Weekend.
Mike, this is one Great dish. Made recipe as written, no adjustments, and we all agree that the flavors and the quick preparation made this a winner. Will definately save. Thank you for another great recipe !!
One word - Fabulous! I LOVE the simplicity of the dish. In the length of time it takes to cook the pasta, the meal is ready. This is one of the best 15 minute meals, I've ever had. I can also see adding scallops and/or shrimp. Maybe a little sundried tomatoes ... LOTS of possibilities! I will be making this dish often!