Recipe by Outta Here
A quick tasty main dish. Serve with a crusty bread and a green salad. At the suggestion of some reviewers, you can make a cornstarch slurry to thicken the sauce, if desired.
Top Review by Papa D 1946-2012
ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS! I scaled this down to one hefty serving and other than using olive oil and Linguine made as written. I also used a cornstarch slurry to help all those tasty clam pieces stick to the pasta, yummy. Being such a flavorful and quick meal, this will be made often. Thanks Mikekey for posting this fabulous recipe. Made for you're win in the football pool Wild Card Weekend.
- 44.37 ml canola oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 368.54 g clams, canned (undrained)
- 118.29 ml low sodium chicken broth
- salt, to taste
- 1.23 ml red pepper flakes
- 22.18 ml dried parsley
- 226.79 g ziti pasta, cooked and drained
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, over medium heat, heat oil.
- Add onion; stirring frequently, cook 3 minutes, or until tender.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring, 2 minutes longer.
- Add undrained clams, chicken broth, salt and crushed red pepper; heat to simmering.
- Add parsley; simmer 1 minute longer.
- Add pasta; toss to coat. Place in large serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with parmesan.