Recipe by Smilyn
From Vegetarian Times: Low Fat & Fast. Can be converted to low-carb by using the Dream Fields pasta. Did your tomatoes turn out bad this year? Try using canned whole tomatoes or chopped. Replace kalamata olives with black.
- 8 ounces uncooked ziti pasta or 8 ounces mostaccioli pasta
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1 3⁄4 lbs tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- crumbled goat cheese or grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepar pasta according to packaged directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large serving bowl, combine olives, basil, oil, vinegar, garlic, capers, and red pepper flakes.
- Add the tomatoes to olive mixture and toss.
- Drain pasta and add to tomato-olive sauce; toss well.
- Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
- Season with salt and pepper.