Recipe by Colleen321
Taken from the back of the Barilla box. We increased the amount of panchetta to 6 slices and increased the sauce to an entire jar. I have posted this as it was written on the back of the box.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 slices pancetta, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups barilla traditional Italian sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach, rinsed trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Sauté pancetta 1-2 minutes. Add onion and garlic; continue cooking 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add Traditional Italian Sauce and wine; simmer 4 minutes. Add spinach; sauté 2 minutes or until wilted, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile cook ziti according to package, drain and return to pot.
- Add spinach mixture to hot ziti; toss. Transfer to serving platter; sprinkle with cheese.
- •Tip: Substitute ham or bacon for pancetta.