Recipe by VickyJ
This is a simple recipe that is really healthy to boot! Serve with some crusty garlic bread and freshly grated parmesan or romano cheese.
Top Review by jrusk
A fantastic way to eat broccoli! I knew I had to add a little extra pow for us to love this so I did. I minced my garlic, added one chopped jalapeno (next time I will add two) and chopped onion. We loved this recipe but I'm only giving 4 stars because this method didn't work for me as written. I had problems getting the broccoli to puree since there was no thin liquid listed to be added. Adding olive did not help either. Finally, I decided to add a chicken broth and that did the trick. I added salt and it needed more salt. I think 1 tsp. may do the trick next time. I used microwave to steam broccoli, it always comes out perfect. Can't wait to make this again now that I know how to move it along. I highly recommend trying this!!!
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 bunch broccoli, trimmed and ends of stalks removed
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb ziti pasta, cooked and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Place garlic in heavy skillet; pour in enough oil to cover garlic.
- Cook over med heat until garlic begins to brown.
- Cook broccoli in small amount of boiling water until tender, drain; cool slightly. Puree broccoli in blender.
- Add garlic and olive oil; whirl until garlic is pureed. With motor running, slowly pour in remaining oil and mix until mixture reaches mayonnaise-like consistency.
- Stir in salt and pepper to taste. Pour over hot, freshly cook ziti in warmed serving bowl. Toss gently to mix well.