Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
My family loves this recipe. It is something I came up with on my own. It meets my criteria of quick, easy and yummy. I usually pre cook the sausage so that when I come home I just have to boil the pasta. I have also substituted the sausage with chicken; the pesto sauce with fresh pesto; or the pesto with sun-dried tomato pesto sauce. Would be great with mushrooms as well.
- 1 (16 ounce) jarbertolli alfredo sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) jar pesto sauce
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 lb ziti pasta
- Cook sausage according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Cool sausage slightly. Cut into ½-in. coin slices; set aside.
- Combine Alfredo sauce and pesto in a large bowl. Add sausage.
- Drain pasta; add to sausage / sauce mixture. Toss to combine. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Serve immediately.
I made this last night however I made a few changes. I used 7 grain pasta and used half of the ingredients because I was cooking for only three and put in a little bit of red pepper flakes ( I love spicy food, on my plate only). Everyone loved it, including my two year old. I had to to write! This is really a keeper