Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
In '1,000 Vegetarian Recipes' by Carol Gelles
Make and share this Ziti With Broccoli and Rosemary recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces ziti pasta
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (or 1 t. dried rosemary)
- grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Two minutes before the pasta has finished cooking, add the broccoli to the pot.
- Continue cooking the pasta until done.
- Drain pasta and broccoli.
- Return pasta and broccoli to the pot and add butter and rosemary.
- Cook, stirring, until butter is melted; season to taste with salt and pepper (I add a squeeze of lemon).
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.
I own this cookbook too, and this is one of my favorite recipes from it! It's so quick to throw together, and I always have all of the ingredients on hand. I usually steam the broccoli instead of boiling it -- I think it's easier to tell when it's done that way. I sometimes also use crumbled blue cheese instead of the Parmesan. Thanks for posting, this is definitely a recipe that everyone should try!