Recipe by ladypit
This is one of our favorites. My husband always says that it tastes like it came from an upscale restaurant. The original recipe is from Sarah Schlesinger's "500 Practically Fat Free Pasta Recipes" which is a cookbook I love!
Top Review by ellie_
Delicious pasta sauce with a slight lemon taste and best of all it doesn't taste low-cal! I also appreciated the hint about sauting onion/garlic just using Pam - I didn't know you could do this without oil/butter and now I'll do it all the time, thus saving a few calories that no one will ever miss. Thanks for sharing this great pasta dish that will be on the table often in our house!
- 4 quarts water
- 8 ounces ziti rigati
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 1⁄2 cups canned chopped tomatoes with juice
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoonlemon, rind , minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup canned clams, drained and liquid reserved
- 1⁄2 lb flounder fillets, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta in the water until cooked but still firm.
- Drain and put aside.
- Using some cooking spray in a non-stick pan sauté the onions and garlic until they are just tender.
- Add the tomatoes and juice, tomato juice, parsley, lemon peel, basil, and cayenne.
- Bring it to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about 25 minutes.
- Stir in the fish and clams and bring it up to a boil.
- As soon as it boils reduce the heat, cover it, and let it simmer for 5 minutes or until the fish is cooked.
- Toss the pasta with the sauce and serve.