Recipe by Charmie777
This is my kids' favorite meal. And it's so easy to prepare, that they often do it themselves! It's very cheesy! I've also made this and cooked it in the microwave during the summer. Freezing instructions included. If you prefer, you may sub in ricotta cheese for the cottage cheese.
Top Review by mtrouton
Made this for my family tonight and it was DELICIOUS. We didn't change a thing. I've been looking for a replacement for lasagna (too hard to make efficiently) and this is probably it. Recommend choosing a really veggie packed sauce to give it some extra lunch. Thanks so much for sharing.
- 1 (16 ounce) box ziti pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese, grated (or more)
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, grated (or more)
- 1⁄2 lb pepperoni, chopped
- 1 lb cottage cheese
- bell pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Set aside some of the cheeses for topping the casserole.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Spoon into a 13x9 baking dish.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 375º for 40 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- To freeze: Cover dish with foil and freeze. When frozen you can pop it out of the container and put in a freezer bag if desired. To heat: Thaw and preheat oven to 350°F Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10-15 minutes more.