Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This casserole is something like lasagna minus the meat.
- 1 (1 lb) package ziti pasta
- 1 (1 lb) container ricotta cheese or 1 (1 lb) container cream-style cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 lb mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups tomato sauce
- Cook ziti and drain.
- Combine ricotta or cottage cheese mozzarella and parmesan egg salt and pepper in large bowl.
- Layer tomato sauce ziti cheese mixture in 13 x 9 pan starting and ending with sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 mins.
Very easy and delicious! Came out really cheesy and filling considering there is not as much cheese in it as a lasagna lasagna or my regular ziti recipe. I wasn't sure if the sauce was supposed to be regular tomato sauce or spaghetti sauce, so I used some of each. I also used a total of 4 cups as 6 cups seemed like too much, and this worked out fine. I was surprised at the layering...usually I do sauce, pasta, all the cheese, pasta and then sauce. This is the first time I had the layers ending with the cheese and then sauce of top, but it turned out very good and attractive. Thanks for sharing this cheesy, yummy recipe.