Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
taken from 'The Charlotte Observer' May 14, 2007
- 10 ounces ziti pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic, undrained
- 6 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded smoked gouda cheese, divided (about 5 ounces)
- Cook pasta according to directions; drain. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Heat oil in a dutch oven on medium-high heat until hot. Add onion and pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic; cook 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Add spinach; cook 30 seconds or until spinach wilts, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Add pasta and 3/4 cup cheese to tomato mixture, tossing well to combine.
- Spoon pasta mixture into a 9-by-13-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle evenly with remaining cheese. Bake 15 minutes or until cheese melts and begins to brown.
Fast and easy! My whole family liked it. I added rotisserie chicken and used a little more gouda. I left out the yellow pepper because i did not have one.