Recipe by Kaccy G.
This is adapted from a recipe I found in a cookbook. Loaded with three types of cheese and sour cream. You could make this with a homemade spaghetti sauce if you have time.
Top Review by Redsie
Easy to prepare. First time that I used sour cream with pasta and I liked the taste but not as much as ricotta cheese or cottage cheese. Used homemade spaghetti sauce and would add next time some crushed red peppers to add a little kick. A good tasting weeknight supper! Thanks kcdelong!
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 1 lb ziti pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian spices
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 6 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook ziti according to package (al denta about 8 mins); drain.
- In large skillet brown onions and meat; drain.
- Return meat to skillet,add spaghetti sauce and rest of spices, simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Grease 9x13 baking dish, place half the ziti in bottom of dish and follow with provolone, sour cream, 1/2 spaghetti sauce.
- Add remaining ziti on top a follow with mozzarella cheese and remainder of spaghetti sauce, top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cheeses are melted.