Recipe by Tish
A quick and easy recipe from Molto Mario. The hardest part is preparing the pumpkin. Enjoy!
Top Review by Irish Honey In Oz
Thank you so much for posting this recipe! I changed the amount of garlic to 2 large cloves, but otherwise kept it as you posted it. It was so delicious, and I was blown away at the fact that my picky 2 year old even wanted seconds! This recipe will definitely be made again in the future! Thanks Again!!!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 lb pumpkin, cut into julienne
- 1 cup water
- salt and black pepper
- 1 pinch hot chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lb uncooked ziti pasta
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over high heat and add the onion, garlic, and pumpkin and cook 1 minute.
- Add the water, salt and pepper, lower heat to medium and cover, cooking until the pumpkin is soft, about 8 minutes.
- Add the red pepper flakes and parsley and keep warm.
- Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil and add 2 tablespoons salt. Cook the ziti according to the package directions, until tender yet al dente.
- Toss the pasta with the cooked pumpkin 1 minute over high heat. Divide evenly among 4 warmed pasta bowls, topped with freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.