Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 8 ounces ziti pasta or 8 ounces penne pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed,drained
- In a large pot, cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a small saucepan, saute onions and garlic in olive oil till browned.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter; add flour and stir.
- Slowly, add half and half and milk and simmer, stirring constantly, till thickened.
- Add cheese and seasonings; stir till cheese melts.
- Add tomatoes, spinach and onion mixture; heat through.
- Pour over warm pasta, toss and serve.
- Leftovers can be refrigerated and reheated in the microwave.
This is very good. I added chicken seasoned with salt, pepper & pesto.
Pretty good if I do say so myself! No left overs from this one.
Very nice recipe. Not the easiest recipe and the pink color from the tomatoes/cream mix together with the green spinach was a bit weird but overall a good dish. Thank you.