1/2 Photos of Zita
1 hr 30 mins
Teresa Mackey's Note:
My mother-in-law calls this "Zita", and it's another one of those recipes my husband loves. This one also took me 3 years to get! Wonderful served with a salad and garlic bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove sausage from its casings.
- 2Brown hamburger and sausage together and drain.
- 3finely dice or chop onion and bell pepper and sautee in the salad oil; drain Cook noodles and drain.
- 4combine meat, onion and bell pepper, tomato sauce and simmer.
- 5Add salt, pepper, and garlic to taste to the sauce.
- 6Add drained noodles to the sauce.
- 7Simmer together on low for 1 hour.
- 8Put a layer of the noodles and sauce in a baking pan.
- 9Add a layer of mozzerella cheese.
- 10Add another layer of the noodles and sauce.
- 11Add the final layer of mozzarella cheese.
- 12Bake on 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zita
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 444.2
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 108.1 mg
- Sodium 1267.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 33.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hot Italian sausage