Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Yum, yum, yum!!! Serve it as a Chinese dish, or combine it with salsa fresca and wrap it up in fajitas. There's a gorgeous picture here: http://mmm-yoso.typepad.com/mmmyoso/images/2008/03/15/03152008_016.jpg
- 1⁄2 lb lamb, thin-sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon shaoxing wine
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 4 tablespoons canola oil or 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 -4 whole dried red chilies
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, thin-sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Put meat into the freezer for 20 to 30 minutes. Then take it out and slice it thinly across the grain.
- Marinate meat in soy sauce, wine, cumin, pepper, and salt.
- Slice onion.
- Combine bouillon, soy sauce, and vinegar for the seasoning sauce.
- Heat the empty wok over highest heat until you can feel the heat above it. (Keep the heat high throughout the cooking process.) Add the oil and swirl to coat pan and heat oil.
- Add the chilies and sear for a moment, then throw in garlic slices and let them sizzle for a moment until fragrant.
- Add the meat and onions and stir fry until the meat is done.
- Remove from heat, add fresh cilantro, toss together, and serve.
- Serves 4 as part of a Chinese meal: stir-fried mutton, 3 other dishes, soup, and rice.