Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Slightly adapted from an old Southern Living recipe. Expecting another bumper crop of zucchini this year.
Top Review by Ms B.
I prepared this using frozen corn instead of the canned. (We don't care for canned corn.) It was a simple side with great flavor. I can imagine it to be even better prepared with fresh corn. The cheese was a nice addition, and I subbed a shredded Mexican blend. This was an awesome side dish with Turkey Burgers (recipe #98265).
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 2 -3 teaspoons seeded chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Let the oil get heated in a large skillet.
- saute/stir the zucchini, onion, and garlic for 10 minutes or until tender (don't let the garlic burn).
- Add in the next 5 ingredients; stir/saute until thoroughly heated.
- Remove from heat; sprinkle the cheese on top and serve.