Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Ranch and Zucchini with parmesan, what could be better?
- 1⁄2 cup favorite brand ranch dressing
- 1⁄2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese (not bottled kind)
- 3 zucchini (roughly 1.5 lbs)
- Cut Zucchini into rounds, seperate and discard the ends.
- pour ranch dressing into a sealable plastic bag, and add zucchini.
- Seal the bag.
- Shake your bag o' zucchini until each piece appears satisfactorily covered in ranch remove from bag, (you can dip your ranched slices into the parmesan here) place on a foil lined baking sheet.
- or place your ranched zucchini onto foil lined baking sheet and sprinkle parmesan cheese over all zucchini slices.
- broil on high, 6-8 inches away from flame for 7-8 minutes or this is even toaster oven friendly, but time is reduced to about 5 minutes.
the adults thought it was very good, but kids went 'meh'. less ranch next time, just enough to lightly coat veggies. broiling a plus! maybe we'll just hafta make it when the kids aren't home.
I had high hopes for this recipe and it's gotten great reviews, but we just didn't care for it. The cooked ranch dressing seemed to leave a greasy taste in the mouth.
Very good and very simple! The zucchini was fresh from the garden and these toppings allowed the fresh flavor to come through. I sliced the zucchini about 1/2 inch thick and found that it was cooked just right (still a little firm) by the time the top browned with the broiler set at 400 degrees.