Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Entered for safe-keeping. From Heart-Healthy Living by BH&G, Winter 2008. This mix saves a full teaspoon of salt plus MSG. One to 2 tablespoons replaces one packet of commercial mix.
- 5 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Store for up to 1 month in a self-sealing plastic bag or covered container.
wow this smells so good. I will cook with it after i get back from holidays. <br/>thanks
This was delicious on our chicken breasts tonight! Throw those taco seasoning packets away... this is much healthier and tasty for you. I added cumin powder and cayenne pepper. Made for PAC Spring 2013.
This was really good, Kate. I did add about 1/2 tsp. of cornstarch to the mix, for thickening purposes. I also used white pepper and the cayenne. I used 2 tbsp. of the mix, with about 1 1/4 lb. of ground sirloin (and about 1/2 c. of water); the taste was spicy (not too spicy) and just right for us. Thanks for sharing ;-).