Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Otherwise known as Spicy Chicken and Corn Chowder.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- heat oil in saucepan, cook chicken until browned. remove from pan, set aside.
- Add corn and Onion to saucepan. Cook until onion in tender.
- Place 1 cup corn mixture in food processor or blender. Process until finely chopped, adding water to liquify mixture, set aside.
- Add carrots, jalapeno pepper, oregano and thyme to saucepan. Cook and stir about 5 minutes or until corn begins to brown. Return reserved chicken to saucepan. Stir in broth, milk, reserved corn mixture and salt, bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer 15 to 20 minutes.