Recipe by mliss29
From Alive in 5 by Angela Elliot. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks yummy! Posted for the Veg*n Recipe Swap. (I think I've read that the Himalayan and Celtic salts used in many Raw Recipes are a bit less "salty" than regular table salt, so I would salt with caution and to taste.)
Top Review by Prose
My husband and I enjoyed this, but the flavor of the sunflower seeds was pretty strong and the mixture was very wet, which made it difficult to roll in the nori. I added cucumber and avocado slices. It was fun to try a different take on veggie sushi. Thanks for posting this! Made for Veggie Swap, January 2010.
- 354.88 ml sunflower seeds, raw and soaked
- 118.29 ml dill weed, chopped
- 1 sweet onion
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 44.37-59.16 ml lemon juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 4.92 ml salt (Himalayan)
- 4.92 ml extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 118.29 ml bell pepper, chopped into matchsticks (optional)
- 118.29 ml cucumber, peeled and chopped into matchsticks (optional)
- 6 sheet nori, raw
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sunflower seeds, dill, onion, celery, tomato, lemon juice, salt, olive oil, and pepper to taste in food processor and pulse until chopped but a little bit chunky.
- Spread the mixture evenly over each nori sheet.
- (Optional: place a few pepper or cucumber matchsticks on the mixture before rolling.).
- Roll sheets up and slice into 1 1/2 inches pieces.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce.