Recipe by Jellyqueen
This is one of my adopted recipes. I have not made it yet, so I have not made any changes. The original poster noted in the steps to serve over patties, so I am taking that to mean hamburger patties. I can see using this sauce as a topping to a great meatloaf also.
Top Review by LainieBug
Great chili sauce flavor! I made this on Sunday but didn't get a chance to eat it until today, so the flavors wound up melding for 3 days. I served it with turkey burgers and it's really good. JQ, I think you're right that this sauce would work great as a meatloaf topping.
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, Chopped (You can use canned chopped Green Chiles or Jalapenos for a hotter sauce)
- 1 small onion, Thinly Sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margarine in a small saucepan.
- Add green peppers and onion.
- Cook and stir until the onion is tender. (Note: If using the canned peppers, just cook the onion alone.) Stir in all the remaining ingredients and heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot over patties.