Recipe by Gatorbek
Okay, so the name's a little unusual, but my DD was 5 at the time she named it... This was one of those "mistakes" that turned in to a family fave. Gotta love it!
Top Review by Pamplemoussee
This is a great way to make rice. I used brown rice and cooked it according to the directions on the back but I added the can of Rotel and cumin and beans. I loved the beans in the rice. COMPLEX CARBS! The chicken was great with it. Similar to a one pot chicken and rice (Arroz con pollo -esque) but better.
- 473.18 ml chicken stock
- 283.49 g can Rotel Tomatoes, mild
- 236.59 ml long grain rice, uncooked
- 2.46 ml cumin
- 425.24 g can cannellini beans or 425.24 g can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 14.79 ml garlic pepper seasoning
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, combine chicken stock, tomatoes with juice, rice, and cumin.
- Simmer until rice is done, about 15 minutes.
- Add the beans, stir until warmed through, then keep warm on low heat.
- In a heavy skillet, heat oil on medium-high heat.
- Saute onion until nearly translucent.
- Season chicken with garlic pepper and add to onion in skillet.
- Fry until chicken is browned on all sides and juices run clear.
- Add minced garlic and sautee an additional 20-30 seconds, then remove from heat.
- Spoon rice onto plate and top with chicken. Serve immediately.