1/1 Photo of Zippy Slippy Chicken With Rice and Beans
Okay, so the name's a little unusual, but my DD was 5 at the time she named it... This was one of those "mistakes" that turned in to a family fave. Gotta love it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes, mild
- 1 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans or 1 (15 ounce) can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1In a medium saucepan, combine chicken stock, tomatoes with juice, rice, and cumin.
- 2Simmer until rice is done, about 15 minutes.
- 3Add the beans, stir until warmed through, then keep warm on low heat.
- 4In a heavy skillet, heat oil on medium-high heat.
- 5Saute onion until nearly translucent.
- 6Season chicken with garlic pepper and add to onion in skillet.
- 7Fry until chicken is browned on all sides and juices run clear.
- 8Add minced garlic and sautee an additional 20-30 seconds, then remove from heat.
- 9Spoon rice onto plate and top with chicken. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zippy Slippy Chicken With Rice and Beans
Serving Size: 1 (445 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 595.8
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 50.0 mg
- Sodium 511.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 32.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
garlic pepper seasoning