Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
Set this out with an assortment of crackers.
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- Cook and stir sausage until no longer pink, drain.
- Stir in tomatoes and cream cheese.
- Cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm.
I love making appetizers and this one was excellent. So easy and full of flavor. I took this to a BBQ and everyone RAVED about it. They couldn't believe it was only 3 ingredients!! I served this with assorted crackers. Thanks for sharing. :-)
We tried to make this with out the chilies and tomatoes.. DON'T go there ! It didn't work. We used 1 pound bulk italian sweet sausage and 1 pound ground chicken, and 2 - 8 ounce packages of cream cheese. Then we pureed 1 - 7 ounce can of diced green chilies (fire roasted) and 1 - 14.5 ounce can italian stewed tomatoes drained, then added to the meat mix. This was yummy. Thanks. (sorry we don't like cooked tomato chunks ;))
I usually am not a big fan of sausage but I couldn't stop eating this! No one would ever guess how simple it is. It worked well to keep in a crockpot so it stayed warm during the whole event.