Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I'm not sure of the origins of this recipe. I found it hand-written in my files. Great with chicken fajitas. I like to use cumin seed instead of powder and to add a squeeze of lime after cooking.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 9.85 ml butter
- 236.59 ml long grain rice
- 2 jalapenos, seeded chopped
- 473.18 ml broth
- 2.46 ml cumin
- 14.79 ml cilantro
- 1.23 ml salt
- In saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender.
- Add rice and jalapenos and toss to coat.
- Stir in broth, cumin and salt; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 18-22 min or til tender.
- Add cilantro and fluff with a fork.