I'm not sure of the origins of this recipe. I found it hand-written in my files. Great with chicken fajitas. I like to use cumin seed instead of powder and to add a squeeze of lime after cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender.
- 2Add rice and jalapenos and toss to coat.
- 3Stir in broth, cumin and salt; bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat; cover and simmer 18-22 min or til tender.
- 5Add cilantro and fluff with a fork.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zippy Rice Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.9
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 5.4 mg
- Sodium 841.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 4.4 g