Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I'm not sure of the origins of this recipe. I found it hand-written in my files. Great with chicken fajitas. I like to use cumin seed instead of powder and to add a squeeze of lime after cooking.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 jalapenos, seeded chopped
- 2 cups broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender.
- Add rice and jalapenos and toss to coat.
- Stir in broth, cumin and salt; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 18-22 min or til tender.
- Add cilantro and fluff with a fork.