Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
For this I combined six different recipes and still added my own touches. It goes to show you don't have to be an Italian grandmother to perfect Marinara I always make a double batch and freeze the rest
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 red onions
- 2 (10 ounce) jars roasted red peppers
- 10 roma tomatoes
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded
- 1 tablespoon splenda brown sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄4 tablespoon nu salt salt substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup cabernet sauvignon wine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 fresh basil, springs
- 1 fresh thyme sprig
- 1 small carrot
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 curly parsley sprigs
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato
- 1⁄4 cup beef stock
- Put all veggies and herbs in food Processor and coarse chop.
- add into a large stock pot and add everything else.
- Mix and simmer, covered for 3-4 hours, stirring often.
- Put excess sauce into Mason jars and freeze.