Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a creamy sweeter-style dressing that has lots of "zip" and it makes a fair amount, feel free to add in some frozen peas, cooked ham or bacon --- I have listed the servings at 12-14 but that is only estimated --- --- use both mayonnaise and salad dressing for this, plan ahead this salad needs to chill for a minimum of 6 or more hours before serving, prep time includes chilling time.
Top Review by wholelottagall
I used Miracle Whip along with the sour cream and mayo, and the sweet pickle relish in this recipe. First of all there was way too much dressing (2 1/4 c. altogether) in this recipe and it was very mushy. Also, I should have known better than to use the Miracle Whip and relish, because I guess we just don't like it sweet, and it was REAL sweet. Also, I didn't care for the addition of the garlic powder at all. We ended up throwing it in the trash. Sorry Kitten, as I really wanted to like it, but this one won't be made again here. I guess I will stick with my old standby.
- 4 lbs red potatoes, peeled (cooked until fork tender, chopped and chilled until cold)
- 1 small stalk celery, finely diced
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, diced (or sliced with an egg slicer)
- 7 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise (use Hellman's mayonnaise)
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 12 -15 gherkins, finely chopped (or use 1/2 cup sweet yum-yum pickles chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine the cold cubed potatoes with celery, eggs and green onions; toss to combine.
- In another bowl combine the mayonnaise with salad dressing, sour cream, cider vinegar, sweet pickle relish, mustard, garlic powder, seasoned salt and fresh ground black pepper; whisk or mix with a wooden spoon until completely combined.
- Pour dressing mixture over the potato mixture and toss to coat.
- Mix in chopped pickles.
- Seasoned with more salt and black pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 6 hours before serving.