Recipe by YaYa
I know it sounds weird with the pepper in it but believe me it is fabulous! I got this recipe from my brother in law who runs Texas Restaurant Association in Austin, TX. Good served with meats like pork, turkey & chicken. Great to spread on sandwiches! Great as an appetizer served over the infamous cream cheese block with crackers such as wheat thins or sociables. You let it marinade overnight or 2 nights to meld. EVERYTHING MUST BE FRESH! Keeps forever in the fridge. ENJOY!
- 2 (12 ounce) bags fresh cranberries
- 1 cup fresh lime juice, and all the zest from all the limes. (zest first it is easier)
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 bunches cilantro
- 3 fresh jalapenos, minced seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 2 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cracked black pepper, use large table grind size
Directions See How It's Made
- Regular powdery pepper makes it really hot and too peppery.
- **Do not attempt to crack or grind the pepper yourself**.
- Combine all of the above in a food processor and pulse until it is the consistency of chunky salsa (probably will have to be done in 2 batches).
- Blend together in a bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight or for 2 nights.
- If you serve too soon it will be way too peppery.
- Serve chilled.