1/1 Photo of Zippy Peppered Cranberry Relish
I know it sounds weird with the pepper in it but believe me it is fabulous! I got this recipe from my brother in law who runs Texas Restaurant Association in Austin, TX. Good served with meats like pork, turkey & chicken. Great to spread on sandwiches! Great as an appetizer served over the infamous cream cheese block with crackers such as wheat thins or sociables. You let it marinade overnight or 2 nights to meld. EVERYTHING MUST BE FRESH! Keeps forever in the fridge. ENJOY!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (12 ounce) bags fresh cranberries
- 1 cup fresh lime juice, and all the zest from all the limes. (zest first it is easier)
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 bunches cilantro
- 3 fresh jalapenos, minced seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 2 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cracked black pepper, use large table grind size
- 1Regular powdery pepper makes it really hot and too peppery.
- 2**Do not attempt to crack or grind the pepper yourself**.
- 3Combine all of the above in a food processor and pulse until it is the consistency of chunky salsa (probably will have to be done in 2 batches).
- 4Blend together in a bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight or for 2 nights.
- 5If you serve too soon it will be way too peppery.
- 6Serve chilled.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zippy Peppered Cranberry Relish
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.8
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 217.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 47.1 g
- Protein 1.0 g