Recipe by Chef Kayce
This is a recipe my Mother and I have made for many years - thank goodness for relatives with Pecan trees! The flavor is simple but has a kick with the Tabasco and Cayenne (which is optional for those who want less heat). Put them in a jar and decorate it for giving as a gift. Easy to make; hard to keep on hand!
- 1 lb pecan halves
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne powder (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300. Prepare a baking sheet or 9x13 pan by spraying it with Pam.
- Put the pecans in the pan and spread them out evenly.
- Put the remaining ingredients in a sauce pan over medium heat until melted. Stir with a whisk a few times to blend.
- Once melted, pour this mixture over the pecans and toss with your very clean hands or with a silicone scraper. Once evenly coated, put pecans into the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- While baking, lay out paper towels on a clean cookie sheet.
- Take the pecans from the oven and spoon them out onto the paper towels to cool.
- Once cool, store in an air-tight container.