Chef Kayce's Note:
This is a recipe my Mother and I have made for many years - thank goodness for relatives with Pecan trees! The flavor is simple but has a kick with the Tabasco and Cayenne (which is optional for those who want less heat). Put them in a jar and decorate it for giving as a gift. Easy to make; hard to keep on hand!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300. Prepare a baking sheet or 9x13 pan by spraying it with Pam.
- 2Put the pecans in the pan and spread them out evenly.
- 3Put the remaining ingredients in a sauce pan over medium heat until melted. Stir with a whisk a few times to blend.
- 4Once melted, pour this mixture over the pecans and toss with your very clean hands or with a silicone scraper. Once evenly coated, put pecans into the oven.
- 5Bake for 20 minutes.
- 6While baking, lay out paper towels on a clean cookie sheet.
- 7Take the pecans from the oven and spoon them out onto the paper towels to cool.
- 8Once cool, store in an air-tight container.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zippy Pecans
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 461.1
- Calories from Fat 436
- Total Fat 48.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 367.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 5.2 g