Recipe by Baby Kato
You will love this flavourful, easy to make mustard sauce. It speaks for itself. This is a very versatile sauce that can be used as a grilling sauce for bbqing or to marinade or garnish your favourite roast beef or steaks.
Top Review by Chickee
Easy to make, I think this would be just perfect over roast beef. I added green peppercorns and a little citric acid and served over fish- not quite the right match, I'm afraid, although DH devoured his! I will keep this recipe for my corned beef, thanks!
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine, egg yolk, mustard, vinegar, water, horseradish, butter, sugar, salt and pepper in pot. cook and sir over low heat, until sauce thickens (5-10 min).
- Remove from heat and stir until sauce is smooth.
- Cool, then add whipping cream folding in gently. Cover and chill until ready to use.