Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
You will love this flavourful, easy to make mustard sauce. It speaks for itself. This is a very versatile sauce that can be used as a grilling sauce for bbqing or to marinade or garnish your favourite roast beef or steaks.
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- Combine, egg yolk, mustard, vinegar, water, horseradish, butter, sugar, salt and pepper in pot. cook and sir over low heat, until sauce thickens (5-10 min).
- Remove from heat and stir until sauce is smooth.
- Cool, then add whipping cream folding in gently. Cover and chill until ready to use.
Easy to make, I think this would be just perfect over roast beef. I added green peppercorns and a little citric acid and served over fish- not quite the right match, I'm afraid, although DH devoured his! I will keep this recipe for my corned beef, thanks!
This sauce is wonderful. It complimented the grilled steaks very well. It was very easy to put together and even at room temperature was the perfect thickness. I have some leftover and plan on using it with some sliced prime rib.
This is really wonderful. Served warm along side Derf's Recipe #14537 which worked fabulously together. I combined all the ingredients apart from the cream then zapped in the microwave for 1 minute, gave a good whisk and then zapped again for another minute. Gave another good whisk and zapped for 30 seconds. Took out and stirred really well and added the cream. Instead of the water I used the juice from the corned beef. Beautiful and a definite keeper for us. Thank you Baby Kato!