Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
Entered for safe-keeping, for 2.5-quart Pressure Frypan or Braiser, from "Quick Cuisine" by Kuhn Rikon.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 3⁄4 cup oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 medium bell pepper, stemmed and cored and seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb ground sirloin
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork (or additional 1/2 lb. ground sirloin)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 8 ounces canned tomato sauce
- In a large bowl, mix together salt, pepper, oatmeal and Worcestershire sauce.
- Mix in parsley, onion, celery, garlic and bell pepper.
- Add meat and mix well.
- Roll mixture onto counter and shape into a loaf.
- Wrap in wax paper and chill in freezer for 30 minutes or in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- In a 2.5-quart Pressure Frypan or Braiser, heat oil over high heat. Brown the loaf on one side, then turn.
- Add tomato sauce and spread ketchup over the top of the meat loaf.
- Close the lid and bring pressure to 2nd red ring (high pressure) over high heat. Adjust heat to stabilize pressure at 2nd red ring. Cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and use Natural Release Method.
- Serve in slices with sauce over the top.