Prep 1 min
Cook 4 mins
This is my favorite way to make popcorn! Courtesy of Rachael Ray.
- 1 (3 1/3 ounce) bag microwave popcorn
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Pop the popcorn according to package directions and place in a large bowl.
- Place butter in a small bowl and top with garlic powder, oregano and red pepper flakes.
- Place a paper towel over the bowl and microwave on HIGH until the butter is melted.
- Stir butter mixture to incorporate spices into the melted butter.
- Pour butter over popped corn, add parmesan cheese and toss well.
- Top with a little more cheese!
The taste of this popcorn is very yummy with the cheese and the garlic butter. It's a great way to season plain popcorn. Thanks rickoholic :) Made for PAC Fall 2012
The best popcorn! This has so much great flavour that in order not to waste one bit, I sieved the dregs in the bottom of the bowl to discard the unpoped kernels, and then added it to a fresh batch of this recipe's cheese and herbs to use in making croutons. Loved this popcorn. The recipe says it serve 4, but I ate it all myself!
Great popcorn! I popped my popcorn on the stove in extra virgin olive oil.Thanks for sharing.