Prep 1 min
Cook 4 mins
The Miracle Whip adds a little zip to a golden sandwich. It replaces the butter of the usual grilled cheese. Recipe is from Kraft.
- 2 slice white bread
- 2 slice American cheese or 2 slice cheddar cheese
- 2 slice bacon, crisply cooked and drained
- 9.85 ml Miracle Whip
- Spread the outsides of both slices of bread with the Miracle Whip dressing.
- Add the cheese and the bacon to the inside of one slice of bread.
- Top with the other slice of bread.
- Grill sandwich in nonstick skillet over medium heat for about 2-5 minutes, until the sandwich is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
Just a comment, since so many really enjoy this. I was not thrilled with the consistency of the bread after grilling with MW. Have always preferred MW to regular mayo since that was what Mom always used in everything. Had sister here for lunch and we agreed a good old grilled bacon and cheese sammie is pure comfort food, but will stick to butter -- unless we run out, and know there is a sub ! Thanks for the opportunity, Lainey.
This was wonderful. Never used a mayonnaise for grilled cheese, although have had many grilled cheese with bacon sandwiches. This gives it more flavor than butter and browns nicely!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for the PRMR Special.
This was pure comfort food Lainey. I have used mayo in place of butter on grilled cheese b/f, but never miracle whip. You're right, it adds just the right amount of zippy-ness. Plus I used a mexican style Velveeta cheese and some regular Velveeta for my cheese choices. It added just the right amount of nip. I also have never tried using bacon and have always used the standby ham. Thanks for another great idea to the normal grill cheese. Made for ZaarStars~