Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another Deviled Egg recipe.
- 12 eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared Chinese hot mustard
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- salt and pepper
- paprika, for garnish
- Place eggs in a large saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat.
- Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from hot water, cool and peel.
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise and remove yolks.
- Place yolks in a medium bowl, and mash together with mayonnaise, Chinese hot prepared mustard, yellow mustard, salt and pepper.
- Fill the hollowed egg whites with the egg yolk mixture.
- Garnish with paprika.
- Chill in the refrigerator until serving.
I went to add the Chinese mustard and it had gone bad, so I subbed a very spicy Dijon (and added a lot of it) and it really did the trick. It was really spicy and I loved it that way, much tastier than just the regular amount/kind of mustard. I also added more mayo, til it seemed the right moistness. I like my hard boiled eggs with the yolk all the way cooked, so I usually cook them for more like 20 minutes. These were really great!