Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
posted by request. Adapted from Christmas Gifts of Good Taste 1998. This pretty red salsa sure sounds unique - with the addition of fresh cranberries, jalapenos and crushed pineapple. In the cookbook, this is pictured in a canning jar and decorated to give as a gift. Sure hope this is the missing recipe!
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice, drained well
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup green bell peppers or 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Combine well the cranberries, pineapple, sugar, pepper, cilantro, onions, jalapeno, and salt.
- Cover and chill 2 hours.
- Serve as a condiment with meat or as a dip for chips.
this is a great no-cook side dish , just the right tang and not too hot. i enjoyed this with a turkey breast last night, but i was eating it by the spoonful as i was getting dinner ready. thanks heather, i followed the recipe exactly.
A co-worker brought this in today wtih chips, and it was very tasty. I'm planning on taking it to Thanksgiving Dinner because I think it will be a nice accompaniment to turkey, and a delicious new alternative to standard cranberry sauce.