Recipe by HeatherFeather
posted by request. Adapted from Christmas Gifts of Good Taste 1998. This pretty red salsa sure sounds unique - with the addition of fresh cranberries, jalapenos and crushed pineapple. In the cookbook, this is pictured in a canning jar and decorated to give as a gift. Sure hope this is the missing recipe!
Top Review by chia
this is a great no-cook side dish , just the right tang and not too hot. i enjoyed this with a turkey breast last night, but i was eating it by the spoonful as i was getting dinner ready. thanks heather, i followed the recipe exactly.
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice, drained well
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup green bell peppers or 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt