Recipe by Chef Amy Gnaster
I went to Applebee's one day craving soup. They had this corn chowder that was out of this world. I tried many recipes, then I came along to this one. I make this at least once every 2 months. I crave it! It's just spicy enough, without making your nose run. I love it!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 29.58 ml butter (or margarine)
- 411.06 g can chicken broth
- 3 large red potatoes, cubed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped (leave seeds in for spicier flavor)
- 9.85 ml Dijon mustard
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 1.23-2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes (the more the spicier)
- 946.36 ml frozen corn
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 709.77 ml milk, divided
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml shredded taco chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, sauté onion and green pepper in butter until tender.
- Add broth and potatoes, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender.
- Stir in jalapeño, mustard, salt, paprika and red pepper flakes.
- Add corn, green onions and 2 1/2 cups of milk, bring to a boil.
- Combine flour with remaining milk until smooth; gradually add to soup.
- Bring to boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes, or until thickened and bubbly.
- Top with a pinch of taco chips and serve.