Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a very hearty chili packed with beans and vegetables.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 tablespoons cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Add mushrooms, peppers and garlic, cook and stir 3 minutes, until vegetables are almost tender.
- Stir in water, tomatoes and taco seasoning.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes.
- Add beans, simmer 30 minutes longer.
- Top with cheese to serve.
I was looking for a good chili that was easy to make. Out of all the chili receipe's, I picked this one. It was FABULOUS!!! I served it to my extended family and it was a hit! I followed the recipe except that I also added Kidney beans - just because I like them. We also added a spoonfull of sour cream before serving. The mushrooms are my favorite part and I think that the taco seasoning ties it all together. Thanks for a great recipe - it won't be long before I make it again!
Sweety - this was sooo good!! I have tried many chilis and yours is on my top list!! I don't know if it's because of the mushrooms, or the taco seasonings - but this was tasty!! Used fresh beans (that my dbf soaked and cooked for me in advance) and followed your recipe! Added a bit of parmesan at the end. Thanks Sweety - froze the leftovers and will be bringing them camping with us in August!! :)