The ramen noodles five this hearty salad a little crunch, but it's still just as good the next day when they've softened up. Taken from the Light & Tasty magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles (hot and spicy flavor)
- 4 cups cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups broccoli coleslaw mix
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons almonds, sliced and toasted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 4 1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons water
- 2 1/4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1In a small bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients; rub the mixture over both sides of chicken.
- 2Broil chicken 3-4 inches from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- 3When chicken is cool enough to handle, shred with two forks; cool completely.
- 4Set aside seasoning packet from ramen noodles.
- 5Break noodles into small pieces; place in a large bowl.
- 6Add the cabbage, broccoli slaw, onions, sesame seeds, almonds and chicken.
- 7In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the last 6 ingredients to make the dressing (from sugar to pepper).
- 8Add the contents of seasoning packet to the dressing; shake well.
- 9Pour over coleslaw and toss to coat.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zippy Chicken Coleslaw
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.5
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 14.6 mg
- Sodium 337.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
broccoli coleslaw mix