Recipe by stonecoldcrazy
We eat a lot of potatoes, and I was getting tired of the same old thing. This dish is positively delicious! The hot sauce gives it a nice zing without being overly spicy- but if you like your dishes hot, you can always add more!
- 4 -5 yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 vidalia onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (more, if desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a resealable plastic bag, mix garlic powder, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Peel and dice all of your potatoes into about 1/2 - 1 inch cubes.
- Drop potatoes into bag and shake well, until all potatoes are coated.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan and add potatoes, onions and garlic.
- Saute until potatoes are browned, about 10 minutes.
- Place potato mixture, along with the pan drippings, into a buttered casserole dish.
- In a seperate bowl, mix together sour cream, cheese and hot sauce, reserving a bit of cheese for topping.
- Spread sour cream mixture atop potatoes. Top with reserved cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until everything is bubbly and potatoes are tender.