We eat a lot of potatoes, and I was getting tired of the same old thing. This dish is positively delicious! The hot sauce gives it a nice zing without being overly spicy- but if you like your dishes hot, you can always add more!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -5 yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 vidalia onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (more, if desired)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2In a resealable plastic bag, mix garlic powder, salt, pepper and paprika.
- 3Peel and dice all of your potatoes into about 1/2 - 1 inch cubes.
- 4Drop potatoes into bag and shake well, until all potatoes are coated.
- 5Melt butter in a sauce pan and add potatoes, onions and garlic.
- 6Saute until potatoes are browned, about 10 minutes.
- 7Place potato mixture, along with the pan drippings, into a buttered casserole dish.
- 8In a seperate bowl, mix together sour cream, cheese and hot sauce, reserving a bit of cheese for topping.
- 9Spread sour cream mixture atop potatoes. Top with reserved cheese.
- 10Bake for 10-15 minutes, until everything is bubbly and potatoes are tender.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zippy Cheesy Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 652.2
- Calories from Fat 436
- Total Fat 48.4 g
- Saturated Fat 30.0 g
- Cholesterol 127.9 mg
- Sodium 1150.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 19.5 g