Prep 13 mins
Cook 2 mins
Another white sauce based cheese sauce kicked up a notch
- 59.14 ml butter
- 59.14 ml flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml cayenne
- 2.46 ml dried mustard
- 354.88 ml milk
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Blend in flour, salt, pepper, cayenne and mustard.
- Stir constantly for one minute until well mixed. Remove from heat and gradually stir in milk.
- Return to heat and cook over medium high heat until thick and bubbly. Stir frequently.
- Mix in cheese and stir until melted. Remove from heat, cover to keep warm until serving.
On 3/22/13 I was looking for a cheese sauce to use on some cauliflower,and came across this recipe and decided to try it. Since I didn't need the full amount of sauce, only half was made but the amount of spices remained the same. My SO and I thought that the sauce was very good. Thank you for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "
Made for Spring PAC 2008. Great cheese sauce - I substituted GF AP flour and has it over GF pasta for a quick and easy mac and cheese dish. Thanks Beautiful BC for a good cheese sauce recipe.
Made this cheese sauce to go over out broccoli and cauliflower, worked out very well. Will make this again soon.