Recipe by Debi
Another white sauce based cheese sauce kicked up a notch
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
On 3/22/13 I was looking for a cheese sauce to use on some cauliflower,and came across this recipe and decided to try it. Since I didn't need the full amount of sauce, only half was made but the amount of spices remained the same. My SO and I thought that the sauce was very good. Thank you for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Blend in flour, salt, pepper, cayenne and mustard.
- Stir constantly for one minute until well mixed. Remove from heat and gradually stir in milk.
- Return to heat and cook over medium high heat until thick and bubbly. Stir frequently.
- Mix in cheese and stir until melted. Remove from heat, cover to keep warm until serving.