1/7 Photos of Zippy Cheese Sauce
Beautiful BC's Note:
Another white sauce based cheese sauce kicked up a notch
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
- 2Blend in flour, salt, pepper, cayenne and mustard.
- 3Stir constantly for one minute until well mixed. Remove from heat and gradually stir in milk.
- 4Return to heat and cook over medium high heat until thick and bubbly. Stir frequently.
- 5Mix in cheese and stir until melted. Remove from heat, cover to keep warm until serving.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zippy Cheese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.2
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 72.9 mg
- Sodium 903.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 11.0 g