Top Review by Chef MB
This is one of the few ways my DD will eat cauliflower. I often add extra green chiles and skip the bread crumbs. Once, when I was out of chiles, I added a TB or two of smoky chipotle salsa, and it was delicious.
- 3 cups cauliflower
- 1⁄2 teaspoon low-fat margarine
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper (cayenne)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, Shredded
- 2 tablespoons green chilies, Chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh breadcrumb
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Steam cauliflower just until tender; drain.
- Melt margarine in a medium size saucepan over medium heat.
- In a jar with a lid combine flour, red pepper, salt, pepper, and milk; shake until blended.
- Slowly add to margarine in saucepan, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Add cheese and continue stirring until smooth and slightly thickened.
- Stir in chilies.
- Arrange cauliflower in a 2 quart baking dish; pour sauce over cauliflower, then sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake 10 to 15 min or until bubbling.