Recipe by Deb's Recipes
This flavorful salsa is great for scooping up with tortilla chips, or for adding layers of southwestern flavor to otherwise plain tacos or tostadas. Instructions for roasting red peppers are included with this recipe.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3⁄4 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄4 cup chopped olive
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo
- 2⁄3 cup mild salsa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Place red pepper on a baking sheet under oven broiler; turn pepper over occasionally until skin is charred on all sides; place hot roasted pepper into sealed plastic bag for about 10 minutes to steam off skin; peel pepper under very small stream of running tap water; remove stem and seeds from pepper, then dice.
- Combine and toss together black beans, diced roasted red pepper, corn, olives, cilantro, and lime juice.
- Mince chipotle pepper until pureed; combine with salsa and spices; stir into bean mixture.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours to allow flavors to meld; serve at room temperature.