Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
My family really likes this casserole dish. It is from Taste of Home and is credited to Gay Kelley of Tuscon.
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese, divided (4 oz)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink.
- Add butter, zucchini, mushrooms and onions; cook and stir until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in chili powder, salt and garlic powder.
- Add rice, chilies, sour cream and half of the cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt.
- baking dish; top with reamining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Love this recipe. I use jalapeno Montery Jack to add even more zip to the zippy.
Great recipe...tried it a couple of weeks ago and now my hubby wants it every week!
Delicious! I made it exactly according to the recipe. I can't wait to take the leftovers in my lunchbox - unless my family gets to them first. Will definitely make again. Thanks to you and Gay Kelley!