Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
From Taste of Home. I am posting the original recipe that lists instant rice, but I make this with regular brown rice in my steamer/rice cooker which increases the cooking time to about 40-45 minutes.
Top Review by ladypit
I made this a little less zippy by leaving out the jalapeno pepper. I used boil-in-bag instant brown rice that I took out of the bag. I didn't turn it off and let it sit but instead let it boil until the rice was cooked. Then I served this in low carb tortillas with a little fat free sour cream and a little cheese. Very nice and easy dinner. We'd like to try hominy in place of the corn sometime.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped*
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup instant rice or 1 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1 green onion, sliced