Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my adaptation of some other coleslaws I've tried with horseradish. For those that like a bold tangy coleslaw like me. I like to chop everything confetti style. It does turn lavender from the purple cabbage after sitting so if that will bother you just use all green. Might be good for a party of purple foods. LOL. Some nice additions would be: red bell pepper, shredded carrots, green onions and radishes. Have fun!
- 6 cups green cabbage, chopped (about 11.5oz)
- 2 cups red cabbage, chopped (about 4 oz)
- 1 cup white onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup best foods mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons hot prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon sugar (can use Splenda packet)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- In a large bowl, toss cabbages and white onion together.
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients together.
- Pour dressing into cabbage mix and toss together.
- Store in a tupperware or large ziploc bag.
- Tastes good right away but develops more flavor upon sitting.
This is one terrific coleslaw! The horseradish is a must, coupled with the onion. sour cream & mayonnaise we just loved this from the git/go. I served this within a short time of putting together, so I didn't have a problem with the red cabbage bleeding into the rest of the dish, but I have to say, I tried to save this for a photo, and it was pretty much gone. So I owe you a photo! The creole seasoning is another really great twist that I can see using quite often. I did use a light sour cream/ and light mayonnaise and the Splenda but other then that, stayed close to the recipe. Terrific Engrossed! Will use again this weekend. Made for *SSC - Pet Parade* July 2008.