This is my adaptation of some other coleslaws I've tried with horseradish. For those that like a bold tangy coleslaw like me. I like to chop everything confetti style. It does turn lavender from the purple cabbage after sitting so if that will bother you just use all green. Might be good for a party of purple foods. LOL. Some nice additions would be: red bell pepper, shredded carrots, green onions and radishes. Have fun!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups green cabbage, chopped (about 11.5oz)
- 2 cups red cabbage, chopped (about 4 oz)
- 1 cup white onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup best foods mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons hot prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon sugar (can use Splenda packet)
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2-1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1In a large bowl, toss cabbages and white onion together.
- 2In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients together.
- 3Pour dressing into cabbage mix and toss together.
- 4Store in a tupperware or large ziploc bag.
- 5Tastes good right away but develops more flavor upon sitting.
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zippity Zingity Coleslaw
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.8
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 6.9 mg
- Sodium 134.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 1.6 g