Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A fun thing for kids to do. May want to use mittens while mixing. Found this on the internet, but have not tried it. I am assuming it makes only one serving.
- Add ingredients to pint size ziplock bag and zip shut.
- Place bag into 2 large ziplock bags.
- Add ice to fill bag 1/2 full.
- Add 6 T salt.
- Zip bag shut and shake, turn, toss and mix in the bag.
- In about 5 to 10 minutes, you will have yummy ice cream.
- Do not double this recipe.
- The two bags are needed because the one containing salt and ice tends to spring leaks when shaking it up.
i loved this! now whenever i want ice cream i dont have to plug in the maker, just shake a bag for a while! its easy and fun!
I used a small bag for the ingredients, a quart sized bag for the ice and salt and a gallon size bag to place the other two in. We shook it for 10 minutes and my son's face just lit up when he saw the end result. "It really worked!!!". He thought it tasted better than any vanilla ice cream he ever had. What a nice treat and fun thing to do. Thank you for sharing this true kid pleaser. He's already begging for more.
My kids had a blast making this!!! I triple bagged it and it worked alright. I used freezer bags too, which are stronger. Next time I'm going to add chocolate syrup!